Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Carmelized Onion + Cucumber Salad | Post 7

An Accident That Made Me Feel Really Impressive And Talented
pc: taste of home

Butter or oil
Onion, sliced into thin rings


Cucumbers, peeled and cut how you like to eat them with a fork!

Rice/Cider/White Wine/Your Favorite Vinegar
Salt'n'Pepper
Crushed garlic clove



pc: panini happy
ONE: Heat about two tablespoons of oil/butter in frying pan.  Add the onion rings and cook for a few minutes (until kind of crunchy and kind of soft.  That was kind of clear, huh?) Dump into a bowl (with the juices.)


TWO:  Put the cucumbers in the bowl!
THREE: Add oh, I don't know, 1/4 cup of vinegar? Just taste it and see! Sprinkle the seasonings! Dump in the garlic! Mix it up and chill in the fridge for at least an hour or two.


---

I can't wait to have this again!  It was a little sweet, a little salty, a little smooth, a little crunchy.  I over made onions for some pasta.  I intended on using raw onions for the cucumber salad like I normally do... but now I much prefer the onions a little cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment