The Post Where We Pretend We Are Foodies and Like Bethany Frankel
- TACO BAR // hands down best tacos I've had from a restaurant (also another FAVORITE soup comes from their kitchen.) Don't be freaked out that it's located inside a gas station, inside a beer-and-wine store. It's more magical like that!
- TORTACOS // They knew what they were doing when they put "tacos" in their name. Sensational tacos!
- AY JALISCO // For their papusas and tortilla soup. You'll think you're in Mami's casa in El Salvador. Oh! They have tremendous bean + cheese burritos as well.
- EL TEJANO // one of my favorite soups - big, well-cooked vegetables with a broth you'll crave later... they also have papusas worth getting fat over and Caleb's favorite margaritas.
- RED, HOT & BLUE // Best Nachos In The Area. Don't even get nachos somewhere else.
- ACAJUTLA // Other Best Nachos In The Area. If you do go somewhere else for nachos, go here. This version is a little more "authentic" than RH&B's more "American" version.
- JALEO // Expensive-ish and a tapas restaurant... I truly enjoyed everything I ordered (I know many people who haven't loved their Jaleo experience), but they best things on the menu were the surprising things: like the duck risotto. I've never fully recovered.
- JAZMIN CUISINE // These guys actually make the best quessadilla I've ever had (outside of my own house. My mom's still trump.)
- FOUNDING FARMERS // A skirt-steak and enchilada fit for royalty
- CHIPOTLE // This is kind of a cop-out, but since it's so well-known and so good, I think it deserves to be on the list. If you get a salad, make suresuresure you get the dressing and crunch chips on top to make it a "taco salad."
- FOR A NIGHT IN // Southwestern Pulled Brisket Tacos I could eat these every single day. And I also drink the juices from a cup when I finish eating. (And, the magic happens in a crock pot, so it's impossible to mess up. Boo-rah.)
Maryland people! Where do you like to get your ay-ai-AY! on? Any other Latin/Spanish/Taco places we should check out?
Next up: pizza! PEETSA PEEEETSA!